Kelly Ripa has sent cease and decist orders to Guaranà Pure, a supposed weight-loss product that used the actress’ image without her permission. “She’s never used the product, and until she saw the ad, she wasn’t even aware of the product,” Ripa’s publicist, Stan Rosenfield, tells EW. “She doesn’t want anyone to think she endorsed it.” A rep for Guaranà Pure (and its many subsidiaries named in the cease and decist letter) could not immediately be reached for comment.
Posted May 29 2009 — 7:23 PM EDT
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories
- 'Deadpool 2' loses director Tim Miller
- Steve Dillon, 'Preacher' comic book artist and co-creator, dies
- Adam Levine responds to sick teen's heartwarming Maroon 5 cover
- Tom Cruise addresses 'Top Gun 2' rumors: 'We're trying to figure it out'
- 'The Late Show': Stephen Colbert 'takes it to the streets' for interviews with New Yorkers
- Why David Lynch's 'Eraserhead' is the perfect Halloween movie