Actress Angelina Jolie has earned the top spot on Forbes' annual ranking of the world's 100 most powerful celebrities, dethroning Oprah Winfrey, who had held the No. 1 position for the past two years. According to the magazine, Jolie's $27 million in earnings last year, combined with her global fame, were enough to bump Winfrey (who earned $275 million in 2008) down to the second spot. Rounding out the top 5 are Madonna, Beyonce Knowles, and Tiger Woods. President Obama, at No. 49, became the first sitting head of state to make the list, while Toby Keith (No. 59), Taylor Swift (No. 69), and Alec Baldwin (No. 91) also made their first appearances.
Posted June 3 2009 — 11:27 PM EDT
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big