Variety reports that sources say A&E has canceled its Patrick Swayze series The Beast after airing the 13-episode first season, which ended on April 23. Reps for the network are not confirming the report, however. Ratings were weak for the show, about a rogue cop in Chicago. There has been speculation all along that it would not be renewed due to Swayze's critical battle with pancreatic cancer.
Posted June 4 2009 — 9:36 AM EDT
- Macklemore performs new song about oppression and the election
- Taraji P. Henson competes in 'acting decathlon' for Seth Meyers
- 'TWD': Josh McDermitt says the midseason finale ends 'with a bang'
- Cobie Smulders making Broadway debut with Kevin Kline in 'Present Laughter'
- 'Moana' hidden cameos include 'Little Mermaid,' 'Wreck-It Ralph'
- Watch the first trailer for 'War for the Planet of the Apes'
- Watch the 'Westworld' cast's epic Dubsmash compilation