Have you ever listened to the Mamas and the Papas' “California Dreamin'” and thought to yourself, “Dude, this song is cool and all, but it'd be even better if it had about 5 times more bluesy licks and 10,000 times more guitar-face?” Me neither! John Mayer has, though, and since he is John Mayer and we are us, he got to play his version of the '60s classic on The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien last night. It was fine, I guess? In addition to his John Mayer Trio bros, J.M. was joined by a children's choir, which makes me want to refrain from saying any more possibly mean things about this performance since those kids are really just innocent bystanders. So watch it for yourself below (clip spotted at Idolator), and you tell me: Is there any reason for this cover to exist?
Posted June 5 2009 — 4:29 PM EDT
- 'HTGAWM' star on Michaela's 'fractured' relationship with mom
- Gordon Ramsay rails against the five worst Halloween treats
- NFL star Richard Sherman dressed as Harry Potter
- Celebrities wish Hillary Clinton a happy birthday
- WATCH: Ruth Wilson on 'I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House'
- WATCH: Werner Herzog got special permits to shoot volcano doc in North Korea
- 'Star Trek' TV series losing Bryan Fuller as showrunner
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers