Bradley Cooper may star as Lt. Templeton “Faceman” Peck and Liam Neeson as Col. John “Hannibal” Smith in 20th Century Fox's long-awaited movie adaptation of '80s action series The A-Team, Variety reports. Joe Carnahan is already set to direct, with production beginning in late August for a June 2010 release. Faceman is the role originally played by Dirk Benedict; Hannibal was George Peppard's character. The script will retain the series' premise – four war vets wrongly convicted of armed robbery escape from military prison to carry out Robin Hood-like missions – but will hew closer to a Mission: Impossible tone. The roles of “Howling Mad” Murdock and “B.A.” Baracus are yet to be cast.
Posted June 9 2009 — 12:26 PM EDT
- Carpool Karaoke confession: Madonna made out with Michael Jackson
- Pioneering stand-up comedian Adrianne Tolsch dies at 78
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot