Controversy magnet Carrie Prejean has lost her Miss California crown, Fox News is reporting. The Miss USA contestant, who last month was allowed to keep her title by pageant owner Donald Trump after semi-nude photos of her surfaced, has been let go by pageant producers K2 Productions, who cited “contract violations” as the sole reason for the decision. TMZ reports that Trump fired her for failing to get clearance to do extracurricular activities. ”I told Carrie she needed to get back to work and honor her contract with the Miss California Organization and I gave her the opportunity to do so,” Trump concurred in the announcement of today's firing. “Unfortunately, it just doesn’t look like it is going to happen.” Runner-up Tami Farrell will now take the place of Prejean, who recently substituted as anchor of Fox News Channel's morning show Fox & Friends.
Posted June 10 2009 — 7:27 PM EDT
- Prince pulls discography from Spotify, Apple Music and more
- Miss USA headed to Reelz after being dumped by NBC
- 'Terminator Genisys' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'