So, the LOL connoisseurs over at Videogum have unearthed a clip of an earnest young a cappella group covering the Lonely Island's classic seafaring shanty “I'm on a Boat” in a stairwell. Videogum seems to believe that this activity makes the kids in the clip “nerds.” True? Yes, technically, I suppose that translating Andy Samberg raps into collegiate a cappella form is deeply nerdy on several levels. Yet I feel compelled to point out that there is NOTHING about this clip that is not so, so awesome. These nerds know their material. They are hilarious! And besides, isn't the whole point of the Lonely Island's music to be as ridiculously dorky as possible? I thank Videogum for bringing this wonderful clip to my attention, but its creators ought to be celebrated, not mocked. Grab your nautical-themed pashmina afghan and a flute of Santana DVX, take a look below (NSFW language, beware), and let us know if you agree.
Posted June 11 2009 — 4:03 PM EDT
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!