So, the LOL connoisseurs over at Videogum have unearthed a clip of an earnest young a cappella group covering the Lonely Island's classic seafaring shanty “I'm on a Boat” in a stairwell. Videogum seems to believe that this activity makes the kids in the clip “nerds.” True? Yes, technically, I suppose that translating Andy Samberg raps into collegiate a cappella form is deeply nerdy on several levels. Yet I feel compelled to point out that there is NOTHING about this clip that is not so, so awesome. These nerds know their material. They are hilarious! And besides, isn't the whole point of the Lonely Island's music to be as ridiculously dorky as possible? I thank Videogum for bringing this wonderful clip to my attention, but its creators ought to be celebrated, not mocked. Grab your nautical-themed pashmina afghan and a flute of Santana DVX, take a look below (NSFW language, beware), and let us know if you agree.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:26 PM EST
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at Stellar Gospel Music Awards
- Angelina Jolie visits the Kids Choice Awards
- 'Walking Dead': You can live in Alexandria--for real!
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!