So, the LOL connoisseurs over at Videogum have unearthed a clip of an earnest young a cappella group covering the Lonely Island's classic seafaring shanty “I'm on a Boat” in a stairwell. Videogum seems to believe that this activity makes the kids in the clip “nerds.” True? Yes, technically, I suppose that translating Andy Samberg raps into collegiate a cappella form is deeply nerdy on several levels. Yet I feel compelled to point out that there is NOTHING about this clip that is not so, so awesome. These nerds know their material. They are hilarious! And besides, isn't the whole point of the Lonely Island's music to be as ridiculously dorky as possible? I thank Videogum for bringing this wonderful clip to my attention, but its creators ought to be celebrated, not mocked. Grab your nautical-themed pashmina afghan and a flute of Santana DVX, take a look below (NSFW language, beware), and let us know if you agree.
Posted June 11 2009 — 4:03 PM EDT
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'
- WATCH: 'Prison Break' star Wentworth Miller on escaping... again