So, the LOL connoisseurs over at Videogum have unearthed a clip of an earnest young a cappella group covering the Lonely Island's classic seafaring shanty “I'm on a Boat” in a stairwell. Videogum seems to believe that this activity makes the kids in the clip “nerds.” True? Yes, technically, I suppose that translating Andy Samberg raps into collegiate a cappella form is deeply nerdy on several levels. Yet I feel compelled to point out that there is NOTHING about this clip that is not so, so awesome. These nerds know their material. They are hilarious! And besides, isn't the whole point of the Lonely Island's music to be as ridiculously dorky as possible? I thank Videogum for bringing this wonderful clip to my attention, but its creators ought to be celebrated, not mocked. Grab your nautical-themed pashmina afghan and a flute of Santana DVX, take a look below (NSFW language, beware), and let us know if you agree.
Posted June 11 2009 — 4:03 PM EDT
- A bachelor party turns bloody in extreme clip from horror film 'Siren'
- Walton Goggins tells the story of losing his front teeth... twice
- James Franco, Zoë Kravitz, Jack Reynor to star in sci-fi film 'Kin'
- Allison Janney 'arrested' Emily Blunt on 'The Girl on the Train' set
- Hayden Christensen joins Bruce Willis crime thriller 'First Kill'
- 'Fixer Upper' stars surprise teacher with classroom makeover
- WATCH: A nun returns to her goth roots in 'Little Sister' trailer