So, the LOL connoisseurs over at Videogum have unearthed a clip of an earnest young a cappella group covering the Lonely Island's classic seafaring shanty “I'm on a Boat” in a stairwell. Videogum seems to believe that this activity makes the kids in the clip “nerds.” True? Yes, technically, I suppose that translating Andy Samberg raps into collegiate a cappella form is deeply nerdy on several levels. Yet I feel compelled to point out that there is NOTHING about this clip that is not so, so awesome. These nerds know their material. They are hilarious! And besides, isn't the whole point of the Lonely Island's music to be as ridiculously dorky as possible? I thank Videogum for bringing this wonderful clip to my attention, but its creators ought to be celebrated, not mocked. Grab your nautical-themed pashmina afghan and a flute of Santana DVX, take a look below (NSFW language, beware), and let us know if you agree.
Posted June 11 2009 — 4:03 PM EDT
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- 'Doctor Who' is headed to theaters in September
- Aziz Ansari's Netflix comedy snags Claire Danes and more
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!