Even three weeks post-finale, American Idol continues to make headlines. The week’s juiciest morsel? Runner-up Adam Lambert’s long-anticipated announcement that he is, indeed, a friend of Dorothy. ”I don’t think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I’m gay,” Lambert says in the latest issue of Rolling Stone. ”I’m proud of my sexuality. I’ve been living in Los Angeles for eight years as a gay man.” (The interview’s aww-worthiest moment? When the ostentatious rocker, dubbed Glambert, copped to a crush on Idol winner and boy-next-door Kris Allen, below.) But Lambert wasn’t the only alum making headlines: He, Allen, and fourth-place finisher Allison Iraheta all announced music deals with 19 Recordings, and each plans to release a disc in the fall. Notably absent from the dealmaking? Danny Gokey, the polarizing crooner who placed third. Says an Idol rep: ”There’s nothing to report just yet.” C’mon, Gokey, keep up!
Posted June 12 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First 'Nashville' season 5 promo confirms Hayden Panettiere's return
- Neon Trees frontman Tyler Glenn to perform at EW PopFest
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Watch Jasmine and Aladdin meet
- Megyn Kelly grills Donna Brazile about alleged leaked email
- 'Top Chef' cooks up fresh drama in season 14 trailer
- WATCH: Michael J. Fox, Lea Thompson on the DeLorean from 'Back to the Future'
- Madonna, Jay Z nab Songwriters Hall of Fame nominations