Did you miss Uncle Kracker? The rapper-turned-country crooner has stayed busy in the five years since his last record, even notching a co-writer credit on one of last year’s biggest singles (his old pal Kid Rock’s “All Summer Long”). This September, he’ll return for real with an album called Happy Hour, and the Music Mix is pleased to debut that album’s lead single, “Smile.” In all honesty, I’ve personally never been Uncle K’s hugest fan (no offense to those who are), but I could see “Smile” becoming a seriously major hit with a hook like that. Give this excerpt a listen below and see whether you agree.
Posted June 12 2009 — 3:07 PM EDT
- Floyd Mayweather, Katy Perry top Forbes' Celebrity 100 list
- Vertigo comic book movies headed to New Line
- Marvel’s 'Ant-Man' L.A. premiere livestream: Watch the red carpet arrivals here at 9 ET/6 PT
- Chris Pratt as Jason Statham in now-surfaced 'SNL' deleted sketch
- Everything you need to know about 'Magic Mike XXL,' in chart form
- Avril Lavigne is 'excited for life after' Lyme disease
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!