Did you miss Uncle Kracker? The rapper-turned-country crooner has stayed busy in the five years since his last record, even notching a co-writer credit on one of last year’s biggest singles (his old pal Kid Rock’s “All Summer Long”). This September, he’ll return for real with an album called Happy Hour, and the Music Mix is pleased to debut that album’s lead single, “Smile.” In all honesty, I’ve personally never been Uncle K’s hugest fan (no offense to those who are), but I could see “Smile” becoming a seriously major hit with a hook like that. Give this excerpt a listen below and see whether you agree.
Posted June 12 2009 — 3:07 PM EDT
- Truman Capote's ashes will go up for auction
- Run the Jewels cameo in new music video for DJ Shadow collaboration
- 'The View' gets new theme song: Mary J. Blige's 'World's Gone Crazy'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan had no idea about cliffhanger
- Nick Offerman previews 'Good Clean Fun' and announces tour
- Diana Gordon makes powerful TV debut on 'Colbert'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead recalls Michael Moore sex scene on 'BrainDead'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...