Did you miss Uncle Kracker? The rapper-turned-country crooner has stayed busy in the five years since his last record, even notching a co-writer credit on one of last year’s biggest singles (his old pal Kid Rock’s “All Summer Long”). This September, he’ll return for real with an album called Happy Hour, and the Music Mix is pleased to debut that album’s lead single, “Smile.” In all honesty, I’ve personally never been Uncle K’s hugest fan (no offense to those who are), but I could see “Smile” becoming a seriously major hit with a hook like that. Give this excerpt a listen below and see whether you agree.
Posted June 12 2009 — 3:07 PM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters