Did you miss Uncle Kracker? The rapper-turned-country crooner has stayed busy in the five years since his last record, even notching a co-writer credit on one of last year’s biggest singles (his old pal Kid Rock’s “All Summer Long”). This September, he’ll return for real with an album called Happy Hour, and the Music Mix is pleased to debut that album’s lead single, “Smile.” In all honesty, I’ve personally never been Uncle K’s hugest fan (no offense to those who are), but I could see “Smile” becoming a seriously major hit with a hook like that. Give this excerpt a listen below and see whether you agree.
Posted June 12 2009 — 3:07 PM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!