Did you miss Uncle Kracker? The rapper-turned-country crooner has stayed busy in the five years since his last record, even notching a co-writer credit on one of last year’s biggest singles (his old pal Kid Rock’s “All Summer Long”). This September, he’ll return for real with an album called Happy Hour, and the Music Mix is pleased to debut that album’s lead single, “Smile.” In all honesty, I’ve personally never been Uncle K’s hugest fan (no offense to those who are), but I could see “Smile” becoming a seriously major hit with a hook like that. Give this excerpt a listen below and see whether you agree.
Posted June 12 2009 — 3:07 PM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!