The title of this inventive, enchanting stop-motion animated fable, $9.99, reflects the price of a mail-order book that promises to reveal the meaning of life to an unemployed slacker who lives at home with his blustery father. The investment is worth it for a movie ticket to an original universe of characters in search of contentment, including a boy in love with his piggy bank and a down-and-out suicide who returns to earth as a disgruntled angel. Using the droll, wise stories of Etgar Keret as her guide, Israeli filmmaker Tatia Rosenthal concocts an artful film that ? expresses deep thoughts, lightly. A?
Starring: Tom Budge, Joel Edgerton; Starring: Leon Ford, Samuel Johnson, Anthony LaPaglia, Geoffrey Rush; Director: Tatia Rosenthal; Author: Etgar Keret; Release Date Limited: 12/12/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 78; MPAA Rating: R
Posted June 17 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carly Rae Jepsen teases new album after releasing 'E·MO·TION Side B'
- 'Game of Thrones' actor Jason Momoa now has his own Guinness beer
- When are the VMAs? And other burning questions answered!
- 'Documentary Now!': Laura Bell Bundy, Lennon Parham to guest-star
- Jimmy Kimmel pranks Kanye West fans with fake new Yeezys
- Hulu Hot List: The best book-to-screen adaptations
- See an exclusive first look at 'The Life and Death of John Gotti'