The title of this inventive, enchanting stop-motion animated fable, $9.99, reflects the price of a mail-order book that promises to reveal the meaning of life to an unemployed slacker who lives at home with his blustery father. The investment is worth it for a movie ticket to an original universe of characters in search of contentment, including a boy in love with his piggy bank and a down-and-out suicide who returns to earth as a disgruntled angel. Using the droll, wise stories of Etgar Keret as her guide, Israeli filmmaker Tatia Rosenthal concocts an artful film that ? expresses deep thoughts, lightly. A?
Starring: Tom Budge, Joel Edgerton; Starring: Leon Ford, Samuel Johnson, Anthony LaPaglia, Geoffrey Rush; Director: Tatia Rosenthal; Author: Etgar Keret; Release Date Limited: 12/12/2008; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 78; MPAA Rating: R
Posted June 17 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!