Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton (whose real name is Mario Lavandeira) filed a civil lawsuit Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court against Polo Molina, the road manager of the band Black Eyed Peas, according to Reuters. Hilton alleges that Molina punched him in the face on June 21 at a MuchMusic Video Awards afterparty in Toronto. According to Hilton, Molina was upset about the blogger's online criticism of the band's newest album. Hilton is seeking unspecified damages for battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Toronto police have already charged Molina with assault.
Posted June 24 2009 — 11:45 PM EDT
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big