In her debut feature, Boxing Helena (1993), director Jennifer Lynch tried way too hard to follow in the deep blue surrealist footsteps of her father, David Lynch. But she finds her own voice in Surveillance, a grubby, disturbing serial-killer mystery, a kind of blood-simple Rashomon. The events leading up to a gruesome highway murder are related by three witnesses: a druggie joyrider (Pell James), a young girl (Ryan Simpkins), and a cop (Kent Harper) who torments folks for sport. He may be sick, but FBI partners Bill Pullman and Julia Ormond show you the really dark side of the law. (Also available on cable via on demand) B+
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Julia Ormond, Bill Pullman; Director: Jennifer Chambers Lynch; Author: Jennifer Chambers Lynch, Kent Harper; Release Date Limited: 06/26/2009; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: R
Posted June 30 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First teaser for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!