Paula Abdul has been cast in an episode on the upcoming Lifetime dramedy Drop Dead Diva. Premiering July 12, the series follows a superficialmodel who dies and comes back in the curvier body of a smart lawyer (Broadway vet Brooke Elliott). Abdul’s episode, airing in September, will feature the American Idol star as a judge who hears a case about a store that refuses to carry plus-sized clothes. Other stars lined up for guest spots on the series include Liza Minnelli, Rosie O’Donnell, and Tim Gunn.
Posted July 2 2009 — 7:30 AM EDT
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big