Okay, so it's early in the three-day weekend, but perhaps you're like me and you've already needed to sit your children in a dark theater for close to two hours so you could catch a break. If so, it's probably a good assumption that you spent your time with Manny, Diego, and Sid of the Ice Age series. While the animation looks spectacular – especially the remarkably realistic snow – the story is a bit troublesome. I get it already… kids love dinosaurs. But really, a land of dinosaurs living happily beneath the Ice Age sheath? I don't expect a history lesson when I take my kids to the movies, but couldn't we find a less ludicrous way to spice up the sequel? What do you think? Did it bother you that Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs disregards decades of scientific discourse on dinosaur extinction, just to eke out more cash for the series? Or is it enough that your kids were entertained? Share your thoughts…and have a happy 4th of July!
Posted July 4 2009 — 1:00 AM EDT
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big