Pretty soon, Sarah Palin will be a free agent, and you just know she wants to remain in the media spotlight. The question is, what should she do? Here are a few suggestions.
1. Become a new co-host on The View. Just think of the knock-down fights she’d get into with Elisabeth Hasselbeck over who could take the more righteous position on Hot Topics ranging from “Should you Twitter in Church?” to who should win So You Think You Can Dance. Added bonus: Joy Behar’s head would explode.
2. Become a Desperate Housewife. I mean, a new regular on Desperate Housewives. Don’t they need a new neighbor to replace Edie?
3. Enter The Amazing Race with husband Todd. Certainly this hunting, fishing, snowmobile-riding couple would be formidable competitors. Wouldn’t you tune in to see her yell at foreign-country taxi drivers, misplace her designer eyewear during a pull-that-rickshaw competition, and witness the pile-on when the other contestants are allowed to give them a “U-Turn”?
4. Do a guest arc on 30 Rock as Jack Donaghy’s new girlfriend. Think of the possibilities: She could play herself, but in this storyline, she’s newly divorced. She’d be just the kind of conservative Alec Baldwin’s Jack would find irresistible. Plus, Tina Fey could bust out her Palin impersonation and thoroughly confuse Jack in a case of wacky mistaken-identity!
5. Okay, I can’t think of a fifth job for Palin on TV. I open the floor to your suggestions in the Comments section below.