In this gory but dramatically inert vampire schlocker, bodies are sliced like melons, and blood spurts in glistening slo-mo droplets of what looks like digital merlot. Saya (Gianna Jun), a fearless teenage ninja slayer of the undead, offers a good demonstration of why vampire killers should always have a bit of fear: It makes them, you know, interesting. At a U.S. military base in Tokyo, Saya bonds with a general’s daughter (Allison Miller) and does battle with an ancient bloodsucker. Blood: The Last Vampire might be described as Kill Bill crossed with Buffy, only that would make it sound like more than the slapdash, thrill-less dud that it is. C?
Blood: The Last VampireIn this gory but dramatically inert vampire schlocker, bodies are sliced like melons, and blood spurts in glistening slo-mo droplets of what looks like...Blood: The Last VampireMystery and ThrillerPT89MRIn this gory but dramatically inert vampire schlocker, bodies are sliced like melons, and blood spurts in glistening slo-mo droplets of what looks like...2009-07-08Samuel Goldwyn Films
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Director: Chris Nahon; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquaio fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' creators break down the latest twist: 'It's an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Walking Dead' actor in subway rant clip
- Celebrities who share a birthday with the new Royal Baby
- Ruth Rendell, mysteries writer, dies at 85
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!