It’s a fine line between the good cheer of a woman who can turn the world on with her smile and the scary grin of a neighborhood crazy. Nia Vardalos crosses the boundary in I Hate Valentine’s Day, a charmless rom-com about an exhaustingly vivacious florist whose kooky approach to romance — she sets a five-date limit, then bails — goes kerflooey when she meets an exhaustingly cute lawyer?turned?pub owner played by her My Big Fat Greek Wedding costar, John Corbett. Chicer and sleeker than she was then, Vardalos is now also stiffer and more strenuously antic (Also available on cable via on demand) C?
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: John Corbett, Nia Vardalos; Director: Nia Vardalos; Author: Nia Vardalos; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted July 8 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters