Holy crap! Just when you think you’ve seen every new twist on the tired zombie genre, along comes this crazy Spanish import to goose things up again. Manuela Velasco is an ambitious TV? reporter riding along with a crew of firefighters who land smack-dab in the middle of a gory, gooey outbreak turning folks into neck-munching, bloodthirsty maniacs. Shot in shaky handheld style, [REC] is a bit like George A. Romero’s Diary of the Dead, but, you know, actually scary. The only EXTRA is a so-so making-of doc. A?
Posted July 8 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum