Holy crap! Just when you think you’ve seen every new twist on the tired zombie genre, along comes this crazy Spanish import to goose things up again. Manuela Velasco is an ambitious TV? reporter riding along with a crew of firefighters who land smack-dab in the middle of a gory, gooey outbreak turning folks into neck-munching, bloodthirsty maniacs. Shot in shaky handheld style, [REC] is a bit like George A. Romero’s Diary of the Dead, but, you know, actually scary. The only EXTRA is a so-so making-of doc. A?
Posted July 8 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amy Schumer made out with her boyfriend on Kiss Cam at the Mets game
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Showrunner talks crafting this year's crisis
- 'Power' finale postmortem: What that arrest means for Ghost
- 'Quantico': Will you be tuning in to season 2?
- Lea Michele would rather Calvin Harris over Tom Hiddleston
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner addresses what happened to Chris
- 'Last Man on Earth' premiere: Will Forte on THAT celebrity cameo