Heroes will return to fan convention Comic-Con later this month, despite earlier questions about whether the once-mighty NBC hit would appear at the event where its myth was born three years ago. NBC confirms that the show will present a panel July 25 when creator Tim Kring is scheduled to screen an exclusive season 4 trailer accompanied by cast members Jack Coleman, Masi Oka, Adrian Pasdar, and Zachary Quinto. The cast may not get the Heroes’ welcome they’ve received previously: Ratings slid 20 percent this year and critics drubbed the season. Perhaps as a result, the show is managing expectations. The panel is set for a new, off-the-main-stage venue in the adjoining Hilton San Diego Bayfront hotel instead of last year’s digs in the 6,500-seat main hall (a.k.a. Hall H). Here’s hoping the new season’s title, Volume Five: Redemption, signals a turnaround.
Posted July 10 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!