UPDATE: Late on Friday, July 10, reports said that Ryan Reynolds has been cast as Green Lantern.
After a five-month search that included multiple screentests, Warner Bros. is poised to select its Green Lantern. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio has narrowed its options down to three actors: Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds, and Justin Timberlake. The heroic Hal Jordan, who was the comic book's most famous Green Lantern, was “utterly honest and born without fear,” so with that in mind, let's size up the finalists:
Bradley Cooper (pictured, left)
* He's currently starring in one of Warner Bros.'s biggest hits, The Hangover.
* He has the rage to play an action-hero, as he sadistically expressed in a friendly game of touch-football during Wedding Crashers.
* But has he ever played a character you'd consider “utterly honest”?
Ryan Reynolds (pictured, center)
* He's already attached to the X-Men comic-book franchise as Deadpool.
* Have you seen his abs?
* But why waste a great funnyman on such an earnest, square-jawed hero?
* Can probably moonwalk from galaxy to galaxy, green ring or no green ring.
* Not intimidated by the idea of wearing tights.
* But extensive Green Lantern shoot could interfere with SNL hosting duties.
What say you, PopWatchers? Who would make the best Green Lantern? Take our poll, then sound off in the comments below.