FX announced today that Super Size Me's Morgan Spurlock will produce and direct next year's The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special in 3-D on Ice. The documentary special, celebrating the 20th anniversary of the animated program, will air Thursday, Jan. 14 on Fox. According to FX, the documentary will focus on the “cultural phenomenon of The Simpsons.” Says Spurlock in the press release: “When they first called meabout this, I thought it was a prank and I hung up…And then myagent called back and said, ‘No, no, this is for real,’ at which point Ifainted. Then when I woke up, I called everyone I knew because it was thecoolest thing I could ever get to do in mycareer.”
Posted July 13 2009 — 1:59 PM EDT
- 'A Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in car crash
- 'Turn' sneak peek: Washington meets Lafayette
- Chris Pratt: Why I'm ready to get away from Hollywood
- Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian': First Look
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!