Wolverine star Hugh Jackman will star in the Full Monty-ish comedy Avon Man from 20th Century Fox, according to a story in Variety. The story follows men who are laid off from their jobs at an car dealership, and one – likely Jackman, although it's not clear in the Variety story – becomes an Avon salesman. While the venture is initially emasculating, the character eventually becomes a top seller due to his charm and good looks, and manages to coerce his buddies to join him in the endeavor to win a regional sales contest.
Posted July 15 2009 — 6:56 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Drew Goddard eyed to direct next 'Spider-Man'
- Mark Cuban, Ann Coulter in ‘Sharknado 3’
- 'Real Housewives' trailer: Bethenny's back
- Fall 2015 TV pilots: Updated full list
- Ellie Goulding: 'Voice' Team Adam adviser
- 'Empire' star Taraji P. Henson on origins of 'Boo Boo Kitty’
- 'SNL' host poll: How'd Dakota Johnson do?