After recently withdrawing from Tony Scott's upcoming runaway-train flick Unstoppable over rumored salary concerns, Denzel Washington has signed back on for the project with his Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 director, according to his rep. The film is based on the true story of two men trying to stop a train filled with toxic materials from destroying a town. Star Trek's Chris Pine is slated to costar; shooting will start in September.
Posted July 22 2009 — 10:47 PM EDT
- Kanye West: 'Things are going better,' says Ryan Seacrest
- Patton Oswalt opens up about being a single father after wife's death
- Matthew Broderick debuts his very own Donald Trump impression
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen make for ultimate Charades team
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big