Jon Stewart has certainly come a long way from hosting Short Attention Span Theater: A Time Magazine online poll shows that 44 percent of Americans trust The Daily Show host over network hotshots Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, and Brian Williams (the runner-up with 29 percent). The results are especially shocking when you go state-by-state. Who would've guessed, for example, that Arkansans (59 percent pro-McCain in the 2008 election) would be such enthusiastic Stewartists, with 63 percent of respondents citing this guy as their go-to source for information about the world?Stewart gets my vote, too, if only because he doesn't have to compete in the big-three ratings war that often seems to turn network news into a three-ring circus. But what about you, PopWatchers? Who do you turn to for news?
Posted July 23 2009 — 3:22 PM EDT
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the first trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'