Jon Stewart has certainly come a long way from hosting Short Attention Span Theater: A Time Magazine online poll shows that 44 percent of Americans trust The Daily Show host over network hotshots Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, and Brian Williams (the runner-up with 29 percent). The results are especially shocking when you go state-by-state. Who would've guessed, for example, that Arkansans (59 percent pro-McCain in the 2008 election) would be such enthusiastic Stewartists, with 63 percent of respondents citing this guy as their go-to source for information about the world?Stewart gets my vote, too, if only because he doesn't have to compete in the big-three ratings war that often seems to turn network news into a three-ring circus. But what about you, PopWatchers? Who do you turn to for news?
Posted July 23 2009 — 3:22 PM EDT
- Kanye West tweets apologies to Beck and Bruno Mars
- 'Agents of SHIELD' unveils new poster art: Here's 'Aftershocks'
- Elizabeth Hurley gets slap happy in 'Royals' clip: First Look
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller Wake halts production due to lack of funding
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in new issue of comic book
- 'Grey's Anatomy': What's next for Amelia and Owen?
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!