Jon Stewart has certainly come a long way from hosting Short Attention Span Theater: A Time Magazine online poll shows that 44 percent of Americans trust The Daily Show host over network hotshots Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, and Brian Williams (the runner-up with 29 percent). The results are especially shocking when you go state-by-state. Who would've guessed, for example, that Arkansans (59 percent pro-McCain in the 2008 election) would be such enthusiastic Stewartists, with 63 percent of respondents citing this guy as their go-to source for information about the world?Stewart gets my vote, too, if only because he doesn't have to compete in the big-three ratings war that often seems to turn network news into a three-ring circus. But what about you, PopWatchers? Who do you turn to for news?
Posted July 23 2009 — 3:22 PM EDT
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- 'Ray Donovan' season 3: Watch the brooding trailer
- Kelly Rutherford: Judge blocks kids' return
- Colin Donnell joins 'Chicago Med' cast
- Fans of 'The Goonies' are ringing in the 30th anniversary of the film in a big way
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!