Jon Stewart has certainly come a long way from hosting Short Attention Span Theater: A Time Magazine online poll shows that 44 percent of Americans trust The Daily Show host over network hotshots Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, and Brian Williams (the runner-up with 29 percent). The results are especially shocking when you go state-by-state. Who would've guessed, for example, that Arkansans (59 percent pro-McCain in the 2008 election) would be such enthusiastic Stewartists, with 63 percent of respondents citing this guy as their go-to source for information about the world?Stewart gets my vote, too, if only because he doesn't have to compete in the big-three ratings war that often seems to turn network news into a three-ring circus. But what about you, PopWatchers? Who do you turn to for news?
Posted July 23 2009 — 3:22 PM EDT
- Josh Gad gets thumbs-up to play Roger Ebert in Russ & Roger
- Here's what the critics are saying about 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain'
- Need to catch 'Empire'? Fox airing a full-season marathon on Labor Day
- 'The View': Rosie Perez says she would return for a 'visit'
- J.K. Rowling sorts James Sirius Potter and Teddy Lupin into Hogwarts houses
- Good news, Leslie Knope: Hillary Clinton is a fan of 'Parks and Rec'
- See a supercut of shrieks from Wes Craven's filmography
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!