Jon Stewart has certainly come a long way from hosting Short Attention Span Theater: A Time Magazine online poll shows that 44 percent of Americans trust The Daily Show host over network hotshots Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, and Brian Williams (the runner-up with 29 percent). The results are especially shocking when you go state-by-state. Who would've guessed, for example, that Arkansans (59 percent pro-McCain in the 2008 election) would be such enthusiastic Stewartists, with 63 percent of respondents citing this guy as their go-to source for information about the world?Stewart gets my vote, too, if only because he doesn't have to compete in the big-three ratings war that often seems to turn network news into a three-ring circus. But what about you, PopWatchers? Who do you turn to for news?
Posted July 23 2009 — 3:22 PM EDT
- 'Shaun the Sheep Movie' is officially getting a sequel
- Will Ferrell brings back Harry Carey to celebrate Cubs win
- President Obama admits to laughing at Donald Trump 'most of the time'
- Seth Meyers mocks Trump's Gettysburg address
- Tom Hanks asks Zoltar from 'Big' for yet another wish
- What to Watch Tuesday: 'This Is Us' goes to the Super Bowl (sort of)
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet