Jon Stewart has certainly come a long way from hosting Short Attention Span Theater: A Time Magazine online poll shows that 44 percent of Americans trust The Daily Show host over network hotshots Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, and Brian Williams (the runner-up with 29 percent). The results are especially shocking when you go state-by-state. Who would've guessed, for example, that Arkansans (59 percent pro-McCain in the 2008 election) would be such enthusiastic Stewartists, with 63 percent of respondents citing this guy as their go-to source for information about the world?Stewart gets my vote, too, if only because he doesn't have to compete in the big-three ratings war that often seems to turn network news into a three-ring circus. But what about you, PopWatchers? Who do you turn to for news?
Posted July 23 2009 — 3:22 PM EDT
- Frank Gifford suffered from a football-related brain injury, family says
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will Meredith find romance with Riggs?
- See the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Phase 2 Blu-ray box set artwork
- 'Girl Meets World' picked up for season 3
- Secrets of BB-8: An EW 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' video
- 'Arrow' star David Ramsey shares his theories on who's in the grave
- Everything you need to know about Apollo Creed before seeing 'Creed'
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year