Jon Stewart has certainly come a long way from hosting Short Attention Span Theater: A Time Magazine online poll shows that 44 percent of Americans trust The Daily Show host over network hotshots Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, and Brian Williams (the runner-up with 29 percent). The results are especially shocking when you go state-by-state. Who would've guessed, for example, that Arkansans (59 percent pro-McCain in the 2008 election) would be such enthusiastic Stewartists, with 63 percent of respondents citing this guy as their go-to source for information about the world?Stewart gets my vote, too, if only because he doesn't have to compete in the big-three ratings war that often seems to turn network news into a three-ring circus. But what about you, PopWatchers? Who do you turn to for news?
Posted January 18 2015 — 9:47 AM EST
- References in Sufjan Stevens' 'Carrie & Lowell,' explained
- Kevin James parodies 'Furious 7' as Paul Blart
- 'A Place To Call Home': 7 reasons to watch Australia's sexiest period soap
- Audi commercial features new 'Avengers: Age of Ultron,' 'Ant-Man' footage
- See the cover of James Dashner's 'The Game of Lives'
- Nick Jonas goes to raves, drives psychedelic golf cart in new 'Chains' video
- Killer Croc and the end of the Christopher Nolan era
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!