Comic-Con 2009 is in full tilt today here in sunny San Diego; Johnny Depp has already caused the place to explode, and that was before the Twilight: New Moon panel. Last night – a.k.a. “Preview Night” – was a different story: After the convention center had cleared out, Seth Rogen and director Michel Gondry had the place to themselves to unveil a first look at the car of the eponymous hero in their upcoming superhero flick The Green Hornet, which starts shooting late this summer. With my trusty Flipcam, I talked to both gentlemen about the tricked-out vehicle, their vision for the long-in-the-works project, and why cult actor/filmmaker Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle) abruptly bowed out as the Hornet's trusty sidekick Kato. Ch-ch-check out both interviews below:
Posted July 23 2009 — 10:52 PM EDT
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony
- 'Silence' reviews: Martin Scorsese's grand epic becomes dull roar
- 'GOTG 2' director James Gunn says Baby Groot isn't a marketing ploy
- Tim Miller on his 'Deadpool 2' exit: 'Don't believe what you read'
- Carrie Fisher feels 'guilty' over publicity of Harrison Ford affair