Comic-Con 2009 is in full tilt today here in sunny San Diego; Johnny Depp has already caused the place to explode, and that was before the Twilight: New Moon panel. Last night – a.k.a. “Preview Night” – was a different story: After the convention center had cleared out, Seth Rogen and director Michel Gondry had the place to themselves to unveil a first look at the car of the eponymous hero in their upcoming superhero flick The Green Hornet, which starts shooting late this summer. With my trusty Flipcam, I talked to both gentlemen about the tricked-out vehicle, their vision for the long-in-the-works project, and why cult actor/filmmaker Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle) abruptly bowed out as the Hornet's trusty sidekick Kato. Ch-ch-check out both interviews below:
Posted July 23 2009 — 10:52 PM EDT
- Amy Schumer talked to Jon Stewart about 'The Daily Show' before saying no
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Rocky' spinoff 'Creed': First trailer's here
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!