The Simpsons has added more celebrity guest voices to season 21: EW.com has learned that Coldplay frontman Chris Martin will lend his vocal cords to an episode this winter in which Homer wins a million-dollar lottery and hires the band to play a concert just for Bart and him. “When Bart goes to the bathroom, Coldplay has to stop,” notes Simpsons exec producer Al Jean. In another episode, Sarah Silverman plays Bart’s new girlfriend, who “alternately loves him and hates him for no reason,” says Jean. Meanwhile, season 20 guest star Anne Hathaway returns, this time as a princess character that the producers of Krusty the Clown’s show bring onto the series in hopes that more young girls will tune in. (Even though she upstages Krusty, the two wind up as a couple.) Other guest voices this season include Seth Rogen (who penned the season premiere), Jonah Hill, Neve Campbell, Eartha Kitt (who recorded a part shortly before passing away last year), the Smothers Brothers, and the Manning brothers (Peyton, Eli, and Cooper). Season 21 debuts Sept. 27 on Fox.
Posted July 24 2009 — 11:04 PM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!