In The Answer Man, Arlen Faber (Jeff Daniels) ?isn’t any old celebrity author. Twenty years ago, he wrote the mega-best-selling book Me ?and God, in which he served up folksy New Age self-help epigrams that convinced a lot of people he had a direct pipeline to the Almighty. And now? He’s rich and famous, and also a bitter, disillusioned recluse — a Mitch Albom who turned into J.D. Salinger. Daniels plays Arlen with a kind of cuddly crankiness; he makes him a jerk who just needs a hug. Arlen’s salvation plays out with tender cloying predictability, though Lauren Graham, as the chiropractor who falls for him, has more spark than the movie deserves. C
The Answer ManIn The Answer Man, Arlen Faber (Jeff Daniels) ?isn't any old celebrity author. Twenty years ago, he wrote the mega-best-selling book The Answer ManRomance, ComedyJohn HindmanPT95MIn The Answer Man, Arlen Faber (Jeff Daniels) ?isn't any old celebrity author. Twenty years ago, he wrote the mega-best-selling book 2009-07-27
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Jeff Daniels, Lauren Graham; Director: John Hindman; Author: John Hindman; Runtime (in minutes): 95
Posted July 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Maria Menounos named co-anchor at 'E! News'
- 'The Fighter' actor Sean Malone dies following drowning incident
- Alyssa Milano and 'Hacktivist' writers dish on comics and technology
- Lupita Nyong'o to star in New York play written by 'Walking Dead' star
- Bikini Kill will release three new songs
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' creators on ... another sequel?
- Ivan Reitman releases statement on 'Ghostbusters' franchise
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!