A family-friendly adventure about animated guinea pigs working as top-secret spies for the U.S. government, shot in Disney 3D and voiced by big-time stars including Nicolas Cage and Penelope Cruz, ought to be funny and kind of cute, right? Would you settle for frantic and loud, with a few lame jokes inserted pertaining to Cruz’s Spanish accent? The first 3-D film produced by Jerry Bruckheimer turns out to be similar to 2-D projects from the same noise-making producer?heavy on action scenes and heavy, too, on message: Everyone is special, family is important, and smashed-up stuff looks cool. C
Genre: Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Nicolas Cage, Bill Nighy, Steve Buscemi, Penelope Cruz, Sam Rockwell; Director: Hoyt Yeatman; Author: Ted Elliott, Tim Firth, Terry Rossio, Cormac Wibberley, Marianne Wibberley; Release Date Wide: 07/24/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted July 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fassbender: 'Alien: Covenant' will be 'much scarier' than 'Prometheus'
- MTV's 'True Life' special to follow survivors of Orlando shooting
- Adele adds two more shows to '25' tour
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' cast plays two truths and a lie
- 'Guardians Vol. 2': James Gunn shares first look at the Ravagers
- 'One Tree Hill' cast sings theme song at karaoke-filled reunion
- 'SNL' alum Mike O'Brien opens up about cancer scare
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'