A family-friendly adventure about animated guinea pigs working as top-secret spies for the U.S. government, shot in Disney 3D and voiced by big-time stars including Nicolas Cage and Penelope Cruz, ought to be funny and kind of cute, right? Would you settle for frantic and loud, with a few lame jokes inserted pertaining to Cruz’s Spanish accent? The first 3-D film produced by Jerry Bruckheimer turns out to be similar to 2-D projects from the same noise-making producer?heavy on action scenes and heavy, too, on message: Everyone is special, family is important, and smashed-up stuff looks cool. C
Genre: Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Nicolas Cage, Bill Nighy, Steve Buscemi, Penelope Cruz, Sam Rockwell; Director: Hoyt Yeatman; Author: Ted Elliott, Tim Firth, Terry Rossio, Cormac Wibberley, Marianne Wibberley; Release Date Wide: 07/24/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted July 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?