A family-friendly adventure about animated guinea pigs working as top-secret spies for the U.S. government, shot in Disney 3D and voiced by big-time stars including Nicolas Cage and Penelope Cruz, ought to be funny and kind of cute, right? Would you settle for frantic and loud, with a few lame jokes inserted pertaining to Cruz’s Spanish accent? The first 3-D film produced by Jerry Bruckheimer turns out to be similar to 2-D projects from the same noise-making producer?heavy on action scenes and heavy, too, on message: Everyone is special, family is important, and smashed-up stuff looks cool. C
Genre: Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Nicolas Cage, Bill Nighy, Steve Buscemi, Penelope Cruz, Sam Rockwell; Director: Hoyt Yeatman; Author: Ted Elliott, Tim Firth, Terry Rossio, Cormac Wibberley, Marianne Wibberley; Release Date Wide: 07/24/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted July 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TLC airs '19 Kids and Counting' marathon after Josh Duggar child molestation allegations
- 'Tomorrowland': Behind the design of utopia
- Jimmy Fallon and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson give a commencement speech... in 1989
- Chris Pratt on those Indiana Jones rumors: 'You don’t want to be the guy who f---s that up'
- Cara Delevingne on acting: 'I wanna f---ing Meryl Streep it'
- EW picks: What to binge-watch over Memorial Day weekend
- Ed Sheeran sang 'Rainbow Connection' with Kermit the Frog and had the time of his life
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!