HBO has taken the highest ranking in the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation's annual Network Responsibility Index, according to a press release issued July 27. This year's report found that 42 percent of HBO's prime-time programming hours between June 1, 2008 and May 31, 2009 featured gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people – far more than any of the 14 other cable and broadcast networks studied. Showtime came in second place, with 26 percent. ABC was the highest-placing broadcast network with 24 percent; below it were the CW with 20 percent and Fox with 11 percent, while NBC and CBS lagged behind with just eight percent and five percent, respectively.
Posted July 27 2009 — 12:10 PM EDT
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!