Why is it that movies can never get the rhythms, the prickly ?defensive and confessional dance, of a therapy session — at least, not the way The Sopranos did? In Shrink, this sick-soul-of-Los-?Angeles drama, Kevin Spacey plays a psychiatrist to the stars, but the character is such a wretch — an addict who’s gone numb over his wife’s suicide — that he just sits there, slack and glum, without the pretense that he’s helping anyone. The movie is slack too. It wants to be Good Will Hunting set in the land of Entourage, but its bummed-out touchy-feeliness is every bit ?as concocted as its overly jaded showbiz corruption. C?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Kevin Spacey, Saffron Burrows, Dallas Roberts; Director: Jonas Pate; Author: Thomas Moffett; Release Date Limited: 07/24/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 105
Posted July 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lauren Cohan of 'The Walking Dead' to guest-star on 'The Mindy Project'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See a creepy new clip from 'The Witch'
- 'Bajillion Dollar Propertie$' trailer: Adam Scott, Nick Kroll, and Paul F. Tompkins get realty
- 'The 100': Brenda Strong says Queen Nia is 'ambitious' and 'complex'
- OK Go return with first zero gravity music video
- Christopher returns! David Sutcliffe joins 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Check out these cool new Mondo posters for 'Deadpool'
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs