Why is it that movies can never get the rhythms, the prickly ?defensive and confessional dance, of a therapy session — at least, not the way The Sopranos did? In Shrink, this sick-soul-of-Los-?Angeles drama, Kevin Spacey plays a psychiatrist to the stars, but the character is such a wretch — an addict who’s gone numb over his wife’s suicide — that he just sits there, slack and glum, without the pretense that he’s helping anyone. The movie is slack too. It wants to be Good Will Hunting set in the land of Entourage, but its bummed-out touchy-feeliness is every bit ?as concocted as its overly jaded showbiz corruption. C?
Genre: Drama; Starring: Kevin Spacey, Saffron Burrows, Dallas Roberts; Director: Jonas Pate; Author: Thomas Moffett; Release Date Limited: 07/24/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 105
Posted July 27 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!