Today, Magnolia Pictures announced it has acquired the North American rights to Serious Moonlight, a film about a struggling marriage starring Meg Ryan and Justin Long, among others. The film –directed by first-time director Cheryl Hines– was written by Waitress’ Adrienne Shelly, who was murdered at her New York City apartment building in 2006 by a construction worker. Says Magnolia President Eamonn Bowles in a release: “Cheryl Hines has done a fine job bringing Adrienne Shelly’s final script to life…Serious Moonlight is a fitting tribute to a sorely missed talent and we’re happy to be bringing it to North American audiences.” The film will be released through Magnolia’s VOD program.
Posted July 28 2009 — 11:05 PM EDT
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big