Hot off her scary turn in the supernatural thriller The Haunting in Connecticut, actress Amanda Crew has just inked a deal to appear opposite High School Musical's Zac Efron in the romantic ghost story The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud for Universal Pictures, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Adapted from a Ben Sherwood novel, the movie is about a cemetery caretaker who finds himself communicating with the spirits of the dead, with Crew playing his love interest. The film is expected to be lensed by Burr Steers, who worked with Efron previously on the age-reversal comedy-fantasy 17 Again.
Posted July 29 2009 — 5:49 AM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf calls out Drake, Lil Yachty in new freestyle rap
- T.J. Miller on 'Raiders' and a bag of Cheetos from Steven Spielberg
- 'Saved by the Bell' EP reveals Zack and Kelly would be divorced now
- Watch Chris Pratt's hilarious card trick on 'Graham Norton'
- Morgan spills on her time in the 'Big Brother: OTT' house
- 'Gilmore Girls': Scott Patterson says April's season 6 arrival 'humanized' Luke
- Amy Schumer in talks to star in live-action 'Barbie' movie
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big