Parents, start your minivans: Aliens in the Attic is a pointless but ultimately harmless family adventure that doesn’t mentally assault the 12-and-over set. (Extra points for being 100 percent fart-joke-free). A band of scrappy space gremlins face off against a group of teen and tween cousins (including High School Musical’s Ashley Tisdale) in a turf war over a Midwestern summer rental home. The E.T.s are after some kind of sci-fi device buried underneath the basement; the kids just want to make sure their clueless folks don’t get tagged by the aliens’ mind-control gizmos. The ensuing war of the worlds is waged with weapons as fearsome as a bubble blower, a skateboard, and a sort of anti-gravity grenade that, frankly, looks like a lot of fun. B-
Genre: Kids and Family, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ashley Tisdale; Director: John Schultz; Author: Mark Burton, Adam F. Goldberg; Release Date Wide: 07/31/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 31 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SNL' mocks reactions to Beyoncé's 'Formation' with horror movie spoof
- George Clooney describes how 'bananas' it was to do 'Facts of Life'
- What time are the Grammys? And other burning questions answered!
- Kate McKinnon's Hillary Clinton sings 'I Can't Make You Love Me' on 'SNL'
- See Kanye West vs. Kyle Mooney in an 'SNL' rap battle
- Kanye West performs 'Highlights,' 'Ultralight Beam' on 'SNL'
- 'The Silence of the Lambs' still screams after 25 years