Parents, start your minivans: Aliens in the Attic is a pointless but ultimately harmless family adventure that doesn’t mentally assault the 12-and-over set. (Extra points for being 100 percent fart-joke-free). A band of scrappy space gremlins face off against a group of teen and tween cousins (including High School Musical’s Ashley Tisdale) in a turf war over a Midwestern summer rental home. The E.T.s are after some kind of sci-fi device buried underneath the basement; the kids just want to make sure their clueless folks don’t get tagged by the aliens’ mind-control gizmos. The ensuing war of the worlds is waged with weapons as fearsome as a bubble blower, a skateboard, and a sort of anti-gravity grenade that, frankly, looks like a lot of fun. B-
Genre: Kids and Family, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ashley Tisdale; Director: John Schultz; Author: Mark Burton, Adam F. Goldberg; Release Date Wide: 07/31/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 31 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston have a dance-off at the Met Gala
- 'Scandal': How Kerry Washington's pregnancy could affect the show
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: Dan Bucatinsky shares set photos
- How to tell the difference between 'Preacher' and 'The Preachers'
- Ted Cruz compares Donald Trump to 'Back to the Future' villain Biff
- Anne Frank's story to be told in new virtual reality film
- Met Gala 2016: All the details on Claire Danes’ Zac Posen dress
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast