Parents, start your minivans: Aliens in the Attic is a pointless but ultimately harmless family adventure that doesn’t mentally assault the 12-and-over set. (Extra points for being 100 percent fart-joke-free). A band of scrappy space gremlins face off against a group of teen and tween cousins (including High School Musical’s Ashley Tisdale) in a turf war over a Midwestern summer rental home. The E.T.s are after some kind of sci-fi device buried underneath the basement; the kids just want to make sure their clueless folks don’t get tagged by the aliens’ mind-control gizmos. The ensuing war of the worlds is waged with weapons as fearsome as a bubble blower, a skateboard, and a sort of anti-gravity grenade that, frankly, looks like a lot of fun. B-
Genre: Kids and Family, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ashley Tisdale; Director: John Schultz; Author: Mark Burton, Adam F. Goldberg; Release Date Wide: 07/31/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 86; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'