Parents, start your minivans: Aliens in the Attic is a pointless but ultimately harmless family adventure that doesn’t mentally assault the 12-and-over set. (Extra points for being 100 percent fart-joke-free). A band of scrappy space gremlins face off against a group of teen and tween cousins (including High School Musical’s Ashley Tisdale) in a turf war over a Midwestern summer rental home. The E.T.s are after some kind of sci-fi device buried underneath the basement; the kids just want to make sure their clueless folks don’t get tagged by the aliens’ mind-control gizmos. The ensuing war of the worlds is waged with weapons as fearsome as a bubble blower, a skateboard, and a sort of anti-gravity grenade that, frankly, looks like a lot of fun. B-
Genre: Kids and Family, Action/Adventure; Starring: Ashley Tisdale; Director: John Schultz; Author: Mark Burton, Adam F. Goldberg; Release Date Wide: 07/31/2009; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted July 31 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters