You can feel the shadow of Steven Spielberg’s Munich hovering over Flame & Citron, a Danish drama of resistance fighters in Copenhagen during WWII. Flame (Thure Lindhardt), a boyish redhead, and his short-fused right-hand man, Citron (the terrific scowler Mads Mikkelsen, from Casino Royale), are underground assassins who walk a tightrope between justice and vengeance. They have signed on to kill Danish collaborators, but they’re ensnared by the murky loyalties of the resistance itself. Director Ole Christian Madsen combines sharp scenes of moral inquiry with a few too many functional, oldfangled espionage twists. (Also available on cable via on demand) B
Flame and CitronYou can feel the shadow of Steven Spielberg's Munich hovering over Flame & Citron, a Danish drama of resistance fighters in...Flame and CitronDramaLars Anderson, Ole Christian MadsenPT136MUnratedYou can feel the shadow of Steven Spielberg's Munich hovering over Flame & Citron, a Danish drama of resistance fighters in...2009-07-31
Genre: Drama; Starring: Mads Mikkelsen; Director: Ole Christian Madsen; Author: Lars Anderson, Ole Christian Madsen; Release Date Limited: 07/31/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 136; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted July 31 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See a new clip from 'Burnt' with Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller
- You'll lose your head over this exclusive clip from 'Tales of Halloween'
- 'Inside Amy Schumer,' 'Broad City,' and more faves will stream on Hulu
- Tom Hiddleston explains why Loki was cut from 'Age of Ultron'
- Demi Lovato shares two new 'Confident' music video teasers
- Shane Davis and Michelle Delecki preview new gaming comic 'Axcend'
- 'The Flash' star Grant Gustin zooms through EW’s Pop Culture Personality Quiz