You can feel the shadow of Steven Spielberg’s Munich hovering over Flame & Citron, a Danish drama of resistance fighters in Copenhagen during WWII. Flame (Thure Lindhardt), a boyish redhead, and his short-fused right-hand man, Citron (the terrific scowler Mads Mikkelsen, from Casino Royale), are underground assassins who walk a tightrope between justice and vengeance. They have signed on to kill Danish collaborators, but they’re ensnared by the murky loyalties of the resistance itself. Director Ole Christian Madsen combines sharp scenes of moral inquiry with a few too many functional, oldfangled espionage twists. (Also available on cable via on demand) B
Flame and CitronYou can feel the shadow of Steven Spielberg's Munich hovering over Flame & Citron, a Danish drama of resistance fighters in...Flame and CitronDramaLars Anderson, Ole Christian MadsenPT136MUnratedYou can feel the shadow of Steven Spielberg's Munich hovering over Flame & Citron, a Danish drama of resistance fighters in...2009-07-31
Genre: Drama; Starring: Mads Mikkelsen; Director: Ole Christian Madsen; Author: Lars Anderson, Ole Christian Madsen; Release Date Limited: 07/31/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 136; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted July 31 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hulu Hot List: Our favorite TV time-travelers
- Pop Culture of My Life: Jamie Lee Curtis
- Kevin Hart and Conan O'Brien trade insults in hostile workout session
- Bruce Springsteen signs absence note for fifth grader
- The Weeknd shares energetic new track, 'False Alarm'
- Does Woody Allen’s 'Crisis in Six Scenes' live up to expectations?
- 'Superstore': Lauren Ash talks 'Dog Whisperer'