You can feel the shadow of Steven Spielberg’s Munich hovering over Flame & Citron, a Danish drama of resistance fighters in Copenhagen during WWII. Flame (Thure Lindhardt), a boyish redhead, and his short-fused right-hand man, Citron (the terrific scowler Mads Mikkelsen, from Casino Royale), are underground assassins who walk a tightrope between justice and vengeance. They have signed on to kill Danish collaborators, but they’re ensnared by the murky loyalties of the resistance itself. Director Ole Christian Madsen combines sharp scenes of moral inquiry with a few too many functional, oldfangled espionage twists. (Also available on cable via on demand) B
Flame and CitronYou can feel the shadow of Steven Spielberg's Munich hovering over Flame & Citron, a Danish drama of resistance fighters in...Flame and CitronDramaLars Anderson, Ole Christian MadsenPT136MUnratedYou can feel the shadow of Steven Spielberg's Munich hovering over Flame & Citron, a Danish drama of resistance fighters in...2009-07-31
Genre: Drama; Starring: Mads Mikkelsen; Director: Ole Christian Madsen; Author: Lars Anderson, Ole Christian Madsen; Release Date Limited: 07/31/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 136; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted July 31 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Inside Out' wins top prizes at the Annie Awards
- Here's what critics are saying about 'Deadpool'
- Box office: 'Kung Fu Panda 3' wins again as newcomers fumble
- John Legend, Sam Smith, and more celebs react to Beyonce's 'Formation'
- Beyoncé looks back on Super Bowl halftime show in rare interview
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' crosses $2 billion worldwide
- Larry David promises disappointment in his 'SNL' monologue