You can feel the shadow of Steven Spielberg’s Munich hovering over Flame & Citron, a Danish drama of resistance fighters in Copenhagen during WWII. Flame (Thure Lindhardt), a boyish redhead, and his short-fused right-hand man, Citron (the terrific scowler Mads Mikkelsen, from Casino Royale), are underground assassins who walk a tightrope between justice and vengeance. They have signed on to kill Danish collaborators, but they’re ensnared by the murky loyalties of the resistance itself. Director Ole Christian Madsen combines sharp scenes of moral inquiry with a few too many functional, oldfangled espionage twists. (Also available on cable via on demand) B
Flame and CitronYou can feel the shadow of Steven Spielberg's Munich hovering over Flame & Citron, a Danish drama of resistance fighters in...Flame and CitronDramaLars Anderson, Ole Christian MadsenPT136MUnratedYou can feel the shadow of Steven Spielberg's Munich hovering over Flame & Citron, a Danish drama of resistance fighters in...2009-07-31
Genre: Drama; Starring: Mads Mikkelsen; Director: Ole Christian Madsen; Author: Lars Anderson, Ole Christian Madsen; Release Date Limited: 07/31/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 136; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted July 31 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jimmy Kimmel addresses 'avalanche' of backlash from video game sketch
- Ben Hatke previews new graphic novel as 'a little book in a big world'
- See the trailer for 'Animorphs' author's next book, 'Crenshaw' -- exclusive
- 'Being Mary Jane' season 3 gets premiere date, adds guest stars Loretta Devine and Jill Scott
- See the new trailer for Eli Roth's 'Knock Knock'
- Listen to Jesse Eisenberg read about Carmelo Anthony in 'Bream Gives Me Hiccups' -- exclusive
- Shadowman returns to the Valiant Universe in 'Operation: Deadside'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!