The Irish aristocrat – cum – plotter of world domination returns for a third round, and the kid’s still got it. (For those not familiar with past romps, young Fowl discovered an elf-dwarf-centaur-sprite underground society, which he’s been exploiting ever since.) Now the 13-year-old has invented a high-tech cube from fairy gizmos that renders all communication technology obsolete. When the cube is stolen, Fowl needs his old spritely friend/nemesis, Holly Short, to get it back. Colfer’s characters – cantankerous elves, a flighty girl bodyguard, and a dwarf who shoots gas balls out of his bum – are still silly and saucy, and Fowl’s foul deeds continue to tweak his conscience in an endearingly unsoggy way. This ”kids’ book” is up there with Harry Potter. In fact, Harry had better watch his back.
Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code The Irish aristocrat -- cum -- plotter of world domination returns for a third round, and the kid's still got it. (For those not familiar with past romps...Artemis Fowl: The Eternity CodeFictionEoin Colfer The Irish aristocrat -- cum -- plotter of world domination returns for a third round, and the kid's still got it. (For those not familiar with past romps...2009-08-01
Genre: Fiction; Author: Eoin Colfer
Posted August 1 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!