The Irish aristocrat – cum – plotter of world domination returns for a third round, and the kid’s still got it. (For those not familiar with past romps, young Fowl discovered an elf-dwarf-centaur-sprite underground society, which he’s been exploiting ever since.) Now the 13-year-old has invented a high-tech cube from fairy gizmos that renders all communication technology obsolete. When the cube is stolen, Fowl needs his old spritely friend/nemesis, Holly Short, to get it back. Colfer’s characters – cantankerous elves, a flighty girl bodyguard, and a dwarf who shoots gas balls out of his bum – are still silly and saucy, and Fowl’s foul deeds continue to tweak his conscience in an endearingly unsoggy way. This ”kids’ book” is up there with Harry Potter. In fact, Harry had better watch his back.
Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code The Irish aristocrat -- cum -- plotter of world domination returns for a third round, and the kid's still got it. (For those not familiar with past romps...Artemis Fowl: The Eternity CodeFictionEoin Colfer The Irish aristocrat -- cum -- plotter of world domination returns for a third round, and the kid's still got it. (For those not familiar with past romps...2009-08-01
Genre: Fiction; Author: Eoin Colfer
Posted August 1 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'