One person is dead and 75 people injured after a thunderstorm caused a stage to collapse Saturday evening at the Big Valley Jamboree in Alberta, Canada, reports the Associated Press. Actor Kevin Costner and his band, Modern West, were scheduled to perform at the country music event but managed to escape without serious injury. The festival was scheduled to wrap up on Sunday but today’s festivities were cancelled.
Posted August 2 2009 — 5:34 PM EDT
- 'Walking Dead': Josh McDermitt on the scary bond between Carl & Negan
- 'The Mummy' director on the big surprises in that new trailer
- Bob Dylan provides speech for Nobel Prize banquet he won't attend
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' becomes third-biggest debut of 2016
- Stone Temple Pilots remember Scott Weiland one year after his death
- What to Watch: Chance the Rapper and James Taylor help light a tree
- Celebs react to Dakota Access Pipeline victory
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners