Dan Rather has filed suit against CBS honcho Les Moonves and former CBS news president Andrew Heyward, hoping to reinstate them as defendants in his $70 million lawsuit against the network, Reuters is reporting. The former anchorman is currently suing the network for breach of contract, and Moonves and Heyward were originally included in that claim. In 2008, however, a New York State Supreme Court judge threw out Rather’s charges against the execs, as well as a fraud claim against the network. The fraud claim has since been reinstated.
Posted August 3 2009 — 6:58 PM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines': M. Night Shyamalan previews season 2, series' future
- Grading the week's best (and worst) new singles
- Angelina Jolie joins London School of Economics as visiting professor
- Lauren Graham's new book will include stories from 'Gilmore Girls'
- Brad Pitt helps rescue young fan from being crushed by crowd
- George R.R. Martin revealed 3 huge twists to 'Game of Thrones' producers
- Samantha Bee sent her friend to cover a vape convention