Dan Rather has filed suit against CBS honcho Les Moonves and former CBS news president Andrew Heyward, hoping to reinstate them as defendants in his $70 million lawsuit against the network, Reuters is reporting. The former anchorman is currently suing the network for breach of contract, and Moonves and Heyward were originally included in that claim. In 2008, however, a New York State Supreme Court judge threw out Rather’s charges against the execs, as well as a fraud claim against the network. The fraud claim has since been reinstated.
Posted August 3 2009 — 6:58 PM EDT
- Anthony Mackie to play Johnnie Cochran in legal drama
- 'Bad Moms' trailer: Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, and Kathryn Hahn go hard
- 'Catfish' standout Ashley Sawyer dies at 23
- Ross Lynch leading up high school comedy 'Status Update'
- 'The Flash' star teases ultimate showdown with Zoom
- What to Watch Monday: 'NCIS: LA' heads to San Francisco
- The Rock spends the day with a cancer patient on 'Baywatch' set
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour