Okay, Monday, give me your worst! Because, to quote the philosopher Matthew Wilder, “ain’t nothin’ gonna break my stride…nobody’s gonna slow me down.” And what’s got me in such a Teflon mood, you might ask? Well, yesterday, I traveled down to Monmouth Park in Oceanport, N.J., to see superfilly Rachel Alexandra overcome a sloppy track and annihilate a top-class field of colts (including Belmont Stakes winner Summer Bird) in the Haskell Invitational, making her 2 for 2 against the boys, 7 for 7 in 2009, and 10 for 13 lifetime. Press play below to see why the dark bay 3-year-old filly is racing’s one singular sensation. I can almost guarantee her combination of grace and horsepower will leave you pumping your fist like her ebullient jockey Calvin Borel, and make you impervious to the heinousness of the workday ahead!
Posted August 3 2009 — 8:21 AM EDT
- Here are the 14 best pop culture GIFs of 2016
- Kanye West's 'Famous' video gets recreated by Instagram's most popular dogs
- 'This Is Us': Sterling K. Brown previews tonight’s Christmas episode
- '12 Deadly Days' trailer promises mayhem under mistletoe
- Nat Geo's 'Mars' pulls off the tricky art of the pre-enactment
- 'Bingeworthy' hosts get honest about 'Fuller House'
- 'Homeland' casts 'Medium' star as alt-right media personality
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans