Andrew Bujalski, the maestro of mumble- core (Funny Ha Ha, Mutual Appreciation), must have realized he couldn’t just make another movie about ironic slackers in the Northeast dithering their way toward love — and he hasn’t, exactly. Beeswax, his new film, is about ironic slackers in Austin dithering their way toward…war over a small business. Jeannie (Tilly Hatcher), stern and in a wheelchair, and Corinne (Katy O’Connor), Jeannie’s diffident partner in a shabby-chic bohemian clothes boutique, must decide if they want to move forward or sue each other. There are fine, fresh observational moments, but the film is much ado about not so much. B?
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Director: Andrew Bujalski; Author: Andrew Bujalski; Release Date Wide: 08/07/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: The Cinema Guild
Posted August 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover
- Marvel teases 'Ant-Man' in fake news report
- Harper Lee's 'Go Set a Watchman' might have discovered earlier than reported
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner John Logan teases season finale
- Here are the TV marathons you can binge this Fourth of July weekend
- 'Star Wars' comic sets up 'Force Awakens'
- In this week's EW: 'Unbreakable' — An Oral History