Andrew Bujalski, the maestro of mumble- core (Funny Ha Ha, Mutual Appreciation), must have realized he couldn’t just make another movie about ironic slackers in the Northeast dithering their way toward love — and he hasn’t, exactly. Beeswax, his new film, is about ironic slackers in Austin dithering their way toward…war over a small business. Jeannie (Tilly Hatcher), stern and in a wheelchair, and Corinne (Katy O’Connor), Jeannie’s diffident partner in a shabby-chic bohemian clothes boutique, must decide if they want to move forward or sue each other. There are fine, fresh observational moments, but the film is much ado about not so much. B?
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Director: Andrew Bujalski; Author: Andrew Bujalski; Release Date Wide: 08/07/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: The Cinema Guild
Posted August 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Vision: See Paul Bettany assemble the synthetic Avenger
- Simon Cowell comments on One Direction hiatus
- 'Dancing with the Stars' taps Alexa and Carlos PenaVega
- Box office preview: 'Straight Outta Compton' set for third weekend at the top
- O.J. Simpson documentaries to air on A&E and LMN
- 'Grandfathered' enlists JoAnna Garcia Swisher
- Things look dark in trailer for Kristen Wiig's new movie 'Nasty Baby'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!