Andrew Bujalski, the maestro of mumble- core (Funny Ha Ha, Mutual Appreciation), must have realized he couldn’t just make another movie about ironic slackers in the Northeast dithering their way toward love — and he hasn’t, exactly. Beeswax, his new film, is about ironic slackers in Austin dithering their way toward…war over a small business. Jeannie (Tilly Hatcher), stern and in a wheelchair, and Corinne (Katy O’Connor), Jeannie’s diffident partner in a shabby-chic bohemian clothes boutique, must decide if they want to move forward or sue each other. There are fine, fresh observational moments, but the film is much ado about not so much. B?
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Director: Andrew Bujalski; Author: Andrew Bujalski; Release Date Wide: 08/07/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: The Cinema Guild
Posted August 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!