Andrew Bujalski, the maestro of mumble- core (Funny Ha Ha, Mutual Appreciation), must have realized he couldn’t just make another movie about ironic slackers in the Northeast dithering their way toward love — and he hasn’t, exactly. Beeswax, his new film, is about ironic slackers in Austin dithering their way toward…war over a small business. Jeannie (Tilly Hatcher), stern and in a wheelchair, and Corinne (Katy O’Connor), Jeannie’s diffident partner in a shabby-chic bohemian clothes boutique, must decide if they want to move forward or sue each other. There are fine, fresh observational moments, but the film is much ado about not so much. B?
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Director: Andrew Bujalski; Author: Andrew Bujalski; Release Date Wide: 08/07/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: The Cinema Guild
Posted August 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum