During a domestic jewel heist, a scruffy burglar (Josh Stewart) learns that the family members he thought were on vacation have been bound and gagged and are in the midst of being dismembered. As for the house, it’s been booby-trapped with dangling fishhooks, razor wire, spikes on the stairs, guillotines, bear traps, and acidic ooze. The sicko responsible for all this is a hulk in an executioner’s black mask, and that’s all we ever learn about him. The Collector’s only real “characters” are the not-very-baroque torture devices; the result is a sub-Saw knockoff that manages to be brutal yet monotonous, not to mention monstrously unpleasant. D
Genre: Horror; Starring: Josh Stewart, Madeline Zima; Director: Marcus Dunstan; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 07/31/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Freestyle Releasing
Posted August 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Meet Jake's first partner, played by Damon Wayans Jr.
- Taye Diggs to guest-star on 300th episode of 'NCIS'
- Arielle Kebbel signs on for 'Fifty Shades Freed'
- Best 'SNL' host? Vote for Larry David! Or don't, he doesn't care.
- Netflix acquires Hitler satire 'Look Who’s Back'
- 'The People v. O.J. Simpson' hits record 12 million viewers with DVR numbers
- 'Good Wife' creators: Decision to end show only happened last week