During a domestic jewel heist, a scruffy burglar (Josh Stewart) learns that the family members he thought were on vacation have been bound and gagged and are in the midst of being dismembered. As for the house, it’s been booby-trapped with dangling fishhooks, razor wire, spikes on the stairs, guillotines, bear traps, and acidic ooze. The sicko responsible for all this is a hulk in an executioner’s black mask, and that’s all we ever learn about him. The Collector’s only real “characters” are the not-very-baroque torture devices; the result is a sub-Saw knockoff that manages to be brutal yet monotonous, not to mention monstrously unpleasant. D
Genre: Horror; Starring: Josh Stewart, Madeline Zima; Director: Marcus Dunstan; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 07/31/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Freestyle Releasing
Posted August 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!