During a domestic jewel heist, a scruffy burglar (Josh Stewart) learns that the family members he thought were on vacation have been bound and gagged and are in the midst of being dismembered. As for the house, it’s been booby-trapped with dangling fishhooks, razor wire, spikes on the stairs, guillotines, bear traps, and acidic ooze. The sicko responsible for all this is a hulk in an executioner’s black mask, and that’s all we ever learn about him. The Collector’s only real “characters” are the not-very-baroque torture devices; the result is a sub-Saw knockoff that manages to be brutal yet monotonous, not to mention monstrously unpleasant. D
Genre: Horror; Starring: Josh Stewart, Madeline Zima; Director: Marcus Dunstan; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 07/31/2009; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Freestyle Releasing
Posted August 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!