During a domestic jewel heist, a scruffy burglar (Josh Stewart) learns that the family members he thought were on vacation have been bound and gagged and are in the midst of being dismembered. As for the house, it’s been booby-trapped with dangling fishhooks, razor wire, spikes on the stairs, guillotines, bear traps, and acidic ooze. The sicko responsible for all this is a hulk in an executioner’s black mask, and that’s all we ever learn about him. The Collector’s only real “characters” are the not-very-baroque torture devices; the result is a sub-Saw knockoff that manages to be brutal yet monotonous, not to mention monstrously unpleasant. D
Genre: Horror; Starring: Josh Stewart, Madeline Zima; Director: Marcus Dunstan; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 07/31/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Freestyle Releasing
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!