During a domestic jewel heist, a scruffy burglar (Josh Stewart) learns that the family members he thought were on vacation have been bound and gagged and are in the midst of being dismembered. As for the house, it’s been booby-trapped with dangling fishhooks, razor wire, spikes on the stairs, guillotines, bear traps, and acidic ooze. The sicko responsible for all this is a hulk in an executioner’s black mask, and that’s all we ever learn about him. The Collector’s only real “characters” are the not-very-baroque torture devices; the result is a sub-Saw knockoff that manages to be brutal yet monotonous, not to mention monstrously unpleasant. D
Genre: Horror; Starring: Josh Stewart, Madeline Zima; Director: Marcus Dunstan; Author: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton; Release Date Wide: 07/31/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Freestyle Releasing
Posted August 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Usher announces new album, 'Hard II Love'
- 'The Girl on the Train': The terrifying scene that's not in the book
- 'The Art of Jock' is an in-depth look at a unique comic artist
- VMAs 2016: Who will win?
- Carly Rae Jepsen teases new album after releasing 'E·MO·TION Side B'
- 'Game of Thrones' actor Jason Momoa now has his own Guinness beer
- When are the VMAs? And other burning questions answered!