Rafael Yglesias’ autobiographical novel — he too was a literary wunderkind who met and married a vivacious beauty named Margaret, and then lost her, devastatingly, to cancer — dovetails in alternating chapters the beginning and end of a 30-year marriage. But A Happy Marriage is far from a nuptial hagiography. He recounts the triumphs and failures of a well-matched relationship with raw, often brutal honesty. Any 21-year-old can rhapsodize over the curves of his beloved’s cheekbones; it’s the decades that follow — battered by infidelity, altered by age and circumstance, ravaged by disease — that reveal both the limits and transcendence of a true, lasting love. A?
A Happy Marriage Rafael Yglesias' autobiographical novel — he too was a literary wunderkind who met and married a vivacious beauty named Margaret, and then...A Happy MarriageFiction, MemoirRafael Yglesias Rafael Yglesias' autobiographical novel — he too was a literary wunderkind who met and married a vivacious beauty named Margaret, and then...2009-08-07Scribner
Genre: Fiction, Memoir; Author: Rafael Yglesias; Publisher: Scribner
Posted August 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Dave Grohl covers Neil Young with members of Blind Melon and Pearl Jam
- 'Boulevard' director on working with Robin Williams: 'I couldn't have loved him more'
- 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' exclusive images
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Katherine Howe's ghostly love story 'The Appearance of Annie Van Sinderen'
- Chinese filmmaker denies ripping off 'Cars'
- Watch your emotions get dramatic in 'Inside Out' and 'Inception' mashup trailer
- 'Doctor Who' stars lend voices to 'Lego Dimensions' game
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!