Rafael Yglesias’ autobiographical novel — he too was a literary wunderkind who met and married a vivacious beauty named Margaret, and then lost her, devastatingly, to cancer — dovetails in alternating chapters the beginning and end of a 30-year marriage. But A Happy Marriage is far from a nuptial hagiography. He recounts the triumphs and failures of a well-matched relationship with raw, often brutal honesty. Any 21-year-old can rhapsodize over the curves of his beloved’s cheekbones; it’s the decades that follow — battered by infidelity, altered by age and circumstance, ravaged by disease — that reveal both the limits and transcendence of a true, lasting love. A?
A Happy Marriage Rafael Yglesias' autobiographical novel — he too was a literary wunderkind who met and married a vivacious beauty named Margaret, and then...A Happy MarriageFiction, MemoirRafael Yglesias Rafael Yglesias' autobiographical novel — he too was a literary wunderkind who met and married a vivacious beauty named Margaret, and then...2009-08-07Scribner
Genre: Fiction, Memoir; Author: Rafael Yglesias; Publisher: Scribner
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Arrow,' 'Flash' producer Greg Berlanti to helm 'Infinite Horizon' comic adaptation
- 'The D Train' co-directors share secrets on THAT Jack Black, James Marsden scene
- Joni Mitchell's friend appointed her temporary conservator
- Reese Witherspoon launches lifestyle site Draper James
- Drake stunts on remix of Fetty Wap cut 'My Way'
- Miguel faces lawsuit from victim of his failed Billboard Music Awards leap
- Syfy and Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television developing 'Brave New World' series
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!