Rafael Yglesias’ autobiographical novel — he too was a literary wunderkind who met and married a vivacious beauty named Margaret, and then lost her, devastatingly, to cancer — dovetails in alternating chapters the beginning and end of a 30-year marriage. But A Happy Marriage is far from a nuptial hagiography. He recounts the triumphs and failures of a well-matched relationship with raw, often brutal honesty. Any 21-year-old can rhapsodize over the curves of his beloved’s cheekbones; it’s the decades that follow — battered by infidelity, altered by age and circumstance, ravaged by disease — that reveal both the limits and transcendence of a true, lasting love. A?
A Happy Marriage Rafael Yglesias' autobiographical novel — he too was a literary wunderkind who met and married a vivacious beauty named Margaret, and then...A Happy MarriageFiction, MemoirRafael Yglesias Rafael Yglesias' autobiographical novel — he too was a literary wunderkind who met and married a vivacious beauty named Margaret, and then...2009-08-07Scribner
Genre: Fiction, Memoir; Author: Rafael Yglesias; Publisher: Scribner
Posted August 7 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels