Folk musician Mike Seeger died Friday from multiple myeloma (a cancer of the plasma cells) at his home in Lexington, Va., the Associated Press reports. He was 75. Seeger was the younger half brother of Pete Seeger. The multi-instrumentalist was one of the founders of The New Lost City Ramblers, and throughout his career he recorded more than 40 albums solo or with others. He also documented and taught traditional forms of American music.
Posted August 11 2009 — 12:03 AM EDT
- Hold onto your suitcase! Unlocking 'Fantastic Beasts' theories
- What to Watch Wednesday: 'Shut Eye' debuts on Hulu
- Chris Pratt and Jimmy Fallon do a Christmas-themed Mad Libs
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans