According to Variety, Kate Winslet will star in a mini-series adaptation of Mildred Pierce, a thriller based on James M. Cain’s novel about a bored housewife-turned-entrepreneur undone by her own lust for power. Joan Crawford won an Oscar for playing the title role in a 1945 film version of the novel. I’m Not There director Todd Haynes will direct the mini-series, which HBO is said to be interested in buying.
Posted August 13 2009 — 9:06 PM EDT
- 'Empire': Behind the scenes at EW's photo shoot
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!