Joe Jonas, one third of the teen pop sensation the Jonas Brothers, will be a guest judge during the audition rounds for American Idol’s upcoming ninth season, a source close to the show confirmed to EW.com this evening. The source said news is cloudier concerning published reports that season 1 Idol champ Kelly Clarkson will also join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Kara DioGuardi at the judges’ table throughout the callback episodes filming in the next few weeks. It was previously announced that Shania Twain, Mary J. Blige, Katy Perry, and former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham have all been tapped to fill the seat once occupied by Paula Abdul, who stepped away from the show earlier this month after a bitter public contract dispute.
Posted August 18 2009 — 9:09 PM EDT
- Hailee Steinfeld makes late night debut as a musical guest
- This Week's Cover: 'Felicity,' 'Family Ties,' 'Bring It On,' 'Rocky Horror' reunions, and more
- Taylor Swift shares a playlist of 'new songs that will make your life awesome'
- Keshia Knight Pulliam comments on 'Cosby Show' legacy in new interview
- It's all downhill from here for Amy Schumer in new 'SNL' promos
- How Lady Gaga prepared for 'American Horror Story'
- Bill Clinton: Donald Trump has 'macho appeal'