Joe Jonas, one third of the teen pop sensation the Jonas Brothers, will be a guest judge during the audition rounds for American Idol’s upcoming ninth season, a source close to the show confirmed to EW.com this evening. The source said news is cloudier concerning published reports that season 1 Idol champ Kelly Clarkson will also join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Kara DioGuardi at the judges’ table throughout the callback episodes filming in the next few weeks. It was previously announced that Shania Twain, Mary J. Blige, Katy Perry, and former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham have all been tapped to fill the seat once occupied by Paula Abdul, who stepped away from the show earlier this month after a bitter public contract dispute.
Posted August 18 2009 — 9:09 PM EDT
- Jenny Slate declares 'Climate Deniers Be Cray!' in new video
- Kevin Bacon talks 'Cop Car': 'I'm numb to s--- blowing up'
- 'Game of Thrones' recasts familiar role with 'Exorcist' star
- 'Jem and the Holograms' tribute album out this week
- This Taylor Swift 'Harry Potter' mash-up video is too good to be true
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith respond to rumors they're divorcing
- Marg Helgenberger teases 'CSI' finale with behind-the-scenes reunion photos