Joe Jonas, one third of the teen pop sensation the Jonas Brothers, will be a guest judge during the audition rounds for American Idol’s upcoming ninth season, a source close to the show confirmed to EW.com this evening. The source said news is cloudier concerning published reports that season 1 Idol champ Kelly Clarkson will also join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Kara DioGuardi at the judges’ table throughout the callback episodes filming in the next few weeks. It was previously announced that Shania Twain, Mary J. Blige, Katy Perry, and former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham have all been tapped to fill the seat once occupied by Paula Abdul, who stepped away from the show earlier this month after a bitter public contract dispute.
Posted August 18 2009 — 9:09 PM EDT
- Cheryl Lynn and Anita Baker might be feuding
- Keke Palmer nabs 'Grease: Live' role
- Frankie Grande announces summer tour
- Demi Lovato helps launch new mental health campaign
- Watching 'Game of Thrones' just got even easier
- Aziz Ansari explains upcoming book Modern Romance in 'nice huge Twitter rant'
- 'The Bachelor': Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff call it quits