Joe Jonas, one third of the teen pop sensation the Jonas Brothers, will be a guest judge during the audition rounds for American Idol’s upcoming ninth season, a source close to the show confirmed to EW.com this evening. The source said news is cloudier concerning published reports that season 1 Idol champ Kelly Clarkson will also join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, and Kara DioGuardi at the judges’ table throughout the callback episodes filming in the next few weeks. It was previously announced that Shania Twain, Mary J. Blige, Katy Perry, and former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham have all been tapped to fill the seat once occupied by Paula Abdul, who stepped away from the show earlier this month after a bitter public contract dispute.
Posted August 18 2009 — 9:09 PM EDT
- Bill Cosby admitted to drugging a woman
- Exclusive 'Royal Pains' clip: Hank is suspicious of Evan and Boris
- LeBron James will premiere Amy Schumer's Trainwreck in Akron
- Women's World Cup final: 25.4M viewers
- Dynamite and Atari team up for new comic ventures
- 'James Bond: The Musical'? It could happen
- Quiz: Match these iconic cars to their famous detective drivers
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!