Survivor champion Richard Hatch, completing a jail sentence for tax evasion and perjury with home confinement in Rhode Island, was taken back into federal custody yesterday and is currently being held by the Barnstable (Mass.) County Sheriff’s Office. Traci Billingsley, Chief Public Information Officer for the Bureau of Prisons, would not specify why Hatch was returned to prison, but says such actions are generally taken in cases where the inmate failed to follow home confinement procedures or there was a need for additonal supervision. On Tuesday morning, Hatch had appeared on NBC’s Today Show, and he made the accusation that he had served a jail term only because of his homosexuality. However, Billingsley says the latest incarceration “had nothing to do with The Today Show.”
Posted August 19 2009 — 10:39 AM EDT
- See 29 celebrities recite Justin Bieber's 'Sorry'
- Sacha Baron Cohen shows Jimmy Kimmel graphic 'Brothers Grimsby' clip
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: There's trouble at sea in 'Fear the Walking Dead' teaser
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday