Survivor champion Richard Hatch, completing a jail sentence for tax evasion and perjury with home confinement in Rhode Island, was taken back into federal custody yesterday and is currently being held by the Barnstable (Mass.) County Sheriff’s Office. Traci Billingsley, Chief Public Information Officer for the Bureau of Prisons, would not specify why Hatch was returned to prison, but says such actions are generally taken in cases where the inmate failed to follow home confinement procedures or there was a need for additonal supervision. On Tuesday morning, Hatch had appeared on NBC’s Today Show, and he made the accusation that he had served a jail term only because of his homosexuality. However, Billingsley says the latest incarceration “had nothing to do with The Today Show.”
Posted August 19 2009 — 10:39 AM EDT
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC
- 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' adds a new cast member