It Might Get Loud is a marvelous rock doc that manages to be wistful, tasty, and jam-kicking at the same time. In a high summit of electric-guitar fetishism, director Davis Guggenheim unites — and tells the separate stories of — three six-string wizards: Jimmy Page, the virtuoso fuzz-box classicist of Led Zeppelin, who is now an elegant moon-faced gentleman; The Edge, U2’s mad scientist of sonic jangle, who shows you some of his tricks; and Jack White, the low-tech hell-raiser of the White Stripes, here to pay homage and also ?to represent, you know, ?the kids. The result is pure candy for the guitar hero in all of us. A
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Jimmy Page, Jack White, The Edge; Director: Davis Guggenheim; Release Date Limited: 08/14/2009; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted August 20 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!