It Might Get Loud is a marvelous rock doc that manages to be wistful, tasty, and jam-kicking at the same time. In a high summit of electric-guitar fetishism, director Davis Guggenheim unites — and tells the separate stories of — three six-string wizards: Jimmy Page, the virtuoso fuzz-box classicist of Led Zeppelin, who is now an elegant moon-faced gentleman; The Edge, U2’s mad scientist of sonic jangle, who shows you some of his tricks; and Jack White, the low-tech hell-raiser of the White Stripes, here to pay homage and also ?to represent, you know, ?the kids. The result is pure candy for the guitar hero in all of us. A
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Jimmy Page, Jack White, The Edge; Director: Davis Guggenheim; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Q&A: J.K. Rowling bibliographer Philip W. Errington tells us even more Harry Potter secrets
- The Winklevii will have a cameo on 'Silicon Valley'
- Masi Oka's Hiro Nakamura will return for 'Heroes Reborn'
- Drea de Matteo loses apartment in fire
- 'Fifty Shades' sequel: Who should direct it?
- Get tipsy with Blake Shelton in the new video for 'Sangria'
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!