It Might Get Loud is a marvelous rock doc that manages to be wistful, tasty, and jam-kicking at the same time. In a high summit of electric-guitar fetishism, director Davis Guggenheim unites — and tells the separate stories of — three six-string wizards: Jimmy Page, the virtuoso fuzz-box classicist of Led Zeppelin, who is now an elegant moon-faced gentleman; The Edge, U2’s mad scientist of sonic jangle, who shows you some of his tricks; and Jack White, the low-tech hell-raiser of the White Stripes, here to pay homage and also ?to represent, you know, ?the kids. The result is pure candy for the guitar hero in all of us. A
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Jimmy Page, Jack White, The Edge; Director: Davis Guggenheim; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted August 20 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!