It Might Get Loud is a marvelous rock doc that manages to be wistful, tasty, and jam-kicking at the same time. In a high summit of electric-guitar fetishism, director Davis Guggenheim unites — and tells the separate stories of — three six-string wizards: Jimmy Page, the virtuoso fuzz-box classicist of Led Zeppelin, who is now an elegant moon-faced gentleman; The Edge, U2’s mad scientist of sonic jangle, who shows you some of his tricks; and Jack White, the low-tech hell-raiser of the White Stripes, here to pay homage and also ?to represent, you know, ?the kids. The result is pure candy for the guitar hero in all of us. A
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Jimmy Page, Jack White, The Edge; Director: Davis Guggenheim; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage spotlight: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!