It Might Get Loud is a marvelous rock doc that manages to be wistful, tasty, and jam-kicking at the same time. In a high summit of electric-guitar fetishism, director Davis Guggenheim unites — and tells the separate stories of — three six-string wizards: Jimmy Page, the virtuoso fuzz-box classicist of Led Zeppelin, who is now an elegant moon-faced gentleman; The Edge, U2’s mad scientist of sonic jangle, who shows you some of his tricks; and Jack White, the low-tech hell-raiser of the White Stripes, here to pay homage and also ?to represent, you know, ?the kids. The result is pure candy for the guitar hero in all of us. A
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Jimmy Page, Jack White, The Edge; Director: Davis Guggenheim; Release Date Limited: 08/14/2009; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted August 20 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters