It Might Get Loud is a marvelous rock doc that manages to be wistful, tasty, and jam-kicking at the same time. In a high summit of electric-guitar fetishism, director Davis Guggenheim unites — and tells the separate stories of — three six-string wizards: Jimmy Page, the virtuoso fuzz-box classicist of Led Zeppelin, who is now an elegant moon-faced gentleman; The Edge, U2’s mad scientist of sonic jangle, who shows you some of his tricks; and Jack White, the low-tech hell-raiser of the White Stripes, here to pay homage and also ?to represent, you know, ?the kids. The result is pure candy for the guitar hero in all of us. A
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Jimmy Page, Jack White, The Edge; Director: Davis Guggenheim; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted August 20 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Tomorrowland': What did the critics think?
- 'Golan the Insatiable' with Aubrey Plaza and Rob Riggle: First Look trailer
- Amy Schumer and Paul Feig to pair up for new comedy
- 'Outlander,' 'SVU,' 'Graceland,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Supergirl' leaked to piracy sites
- Read your way through New Orleans
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!