You guys, hurry up! Less than two hours remain for you to casually bid more than $4 million to purchase the crypt directly above Marilyn Monroe’s (and, even more creepily, next to Hugh Hefner’s), on eBay. See, the widow of a rich dead dude who’s been lying face-down (by personal request) over Marilyn for 23 years needed to pay off the $1.6 million mortgage on her Beverly Hills home. Filthy rich, anonymous eBay users to the rescue! The current bid (over $4.6 million) has been trickling up by increments of about $100 for a few days now. Refreshing the page is like watching reality TV, but with more suspense and hopefully less murder. How ‘bout when bidder “n***9” dramatically upped the bid from $2.7 million to $4.5 million? Plot twist city! Okay. 1h 23m 14s until it’s time to turn the TV back on. Good luck, everyone.
Posted August 24 2009 — 1:43 PM EDT
- Jennifer Aniston confronts Vanessa Bayer over Rachel impression
- Donald Trump slams 'SNL' for sketch about his tweets
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big