In Await Your Reply’s successive chapters, Dan Chaon tells three parallel stories: Ryan learns that his shady uncle is actually his dad and joins him in identity-theft schemes; Miles abandons his job to continue hunting for his delusional twin brother; and high school grad Lucy runs away with her secretive history teacher. ”Who just abandons their family?” one character asks midway through this finely honed novel, just as the three plots have begun to converge. ”What kind of person decides that they can throw everything away and — reinvent themselves?” Americans love reinvention, of course, but Chaon’s suspenseful yarn smartly explores the consequences of this often romanticized obsession. A?
Await Your Reply In Await Your Reply's successive chapters, Dan Chaon tells three parallel stories: Ryan learns that his shady uncle is actually his...Await Your ReplyFictionDan Chaon In Await Your Reply's successive chapters, Dan Chaon tells three parallel stories: Ryan learns that his shady uncle is actually his...2009-08-28Ballantine
Genre: Fiction; Author: Dan Chaon; Publisher: Ballantine
Posted August 28 2009 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Rock announces first stand-up tour in 9 years
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' trailer: Humans and Transformers face off
- George R.R. Martin on 'Winds of Winter': 'Things are getting worse'
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday